- Light Controls
Nedap Light Controls provides sustainable lighting solutions for industrial applications that meet user needs and eliminate wasted energy and resources. Nedap Light Controls makes light easy to control. One of the propositions within this business unit is Luxon: an online light management system that makes LED lighting even more sustainable. Luxon collects relevant data which is converted into valuable information providing insight into all KPIs. With Luxon you always have the right light, at the right time in the right place.
We're looking for a Data Scientist intern who will be responsible for helping to develop new applications that will strengthen the Luxon proposition. You will dive into the enormous amount of data that our sensors collect 24/7 worldwide and you will convert this data into relevant information for end customers and OEM partners. You know how to solve the different needs and issues through the use of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Science. Ultimately, you bring the trained models into production and help integrate them into new or existing software solutions for our customers.
Possible tasks include:
- Analyzing sensor data and determining if sensors are still functioning correctly;
- Analyzing luminaire status information and processing it into usable information for the maintenance engineer;
- Analyzing energy consumption data and issuing a notification if there are deviations and why;
- Converting temperature information into usable customer information;
- Specifying new cloud or mobile software applications, for example a "Sensor Alert App";
- Operationalizing solutions and/or models in collaboration with the team.
At Nedap, we believe in taking the initiative. This means that you get all the space you need to work out what you believe in. Do you have good ideas to take Luxon to the next level? Let us know and work it out!
You will be working in a mixed, small start-up team with short lines of communication. Partly because of the variation in specialties within our team, there is always someone who can help you.
Creativity, technological knowledge and boundless curiosity about what makes people successful are the most important pillars within Nedap. You will, therefore, get plenty of opportunity to develop yourself and learn from your colleagues. Even though we mainly work from home, you will receive good supervision. In addition to a monthly internship allowance, you are also welcome to attend the 'Nedap Student Day' which is organized every six months.
Required experience and skills
- You have a college/university background with sufficient Data Science touch points, such as Artificial Intelligence, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics;
- You are a real team player and have a practical attitude;
- You are able to work independently;
- You have a good command of the Dutch and English languages, both verbally and in writing.
About Nedap Light Controls
With the rise of LED technology, lighting has entered the digital age. LED combines better light quality with high energy savings, although the real advantage lies in smart lighting control. We develop light management software that ensures that lights are only on when and where they’re really needed, making LED lighting even more economical and genuinely sustainable.
Curious? Then apply directly through our website or contact Jaap Grondman (email@example.com) if you have any questions. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
- 1. Your application
- 2. First interview
- 3. Next meet & greet
- 4. Offer
- 5. High five!
You’ve applied? Awesome! We aim to reply to your application within 10 workdays via e-mail.
We respect your privacy, therefore you can only apply via our website. Applications via e-mail will not be accepted.