- New Zealand
- Livestock Management
Nedap sells their systems worldwide via distribution channels like milking equipment and genetic companies. To expand our distribution, to support our existing customers and to promote our automation products, Nedap is searching a Business Development Manager for the key dairy regions in NZ/AUS market.
The responsibilities are as follows:
You will proactively take ownership of this role, to make a difference in the dairy industry and autonomously achieve commercial goals. We expect a lot of personal responsibility, accountability and entrepreneurship.
- Initiate contact and create sales in the NZ/AUS market through Business Partners;
- Seek out and initiate contact with the appropriate contact in business partner organizations at Senior Management level;
- Identify, prioritize, and reach out to new business categories, partners and opportunities;
- Execute global sales and marketing plan relative to NZ/AUS market;
- Have a good understanding of the businesses' products and/or services and be able to advise, train and support others about them;
- Think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business;
- Build and execute the Marketing strategy for NZ/AUS together with our Global MarCom team;
- Promote Nedap propositions by organizing and attending seminars, conferences, exhibitions and trade shows.
In addition to the above activities and responsibilities, you will perform other duties such as collaborating with the Global Livestock Management Dairy Sales initiatives.
You will be part of a very passionate, motivated and professional global team focusing on building market share on a ground floor opportunity. To contribute to our global strategy to be market leader in SmartTag and Milking Automation/RFID Solutions within the dairy industry. You report to the Region Manager in Groenlo, the Netherlands.
You’ll get all the space you need to excel, both literally and figuratively (and we also expect you to do something with it). We offer an energetic environment where you can develop yourself and where it is really fun to work. The person in this position is getting much freedom and will be responsible for the further strengthening of Nedap’s market position in NZ/AUS. It therefore also requires a ‘can do’ mentality and full transparency towards the organization. We believe in the power of ideas and the energy of individual initiative. This is the foundation on which our whole organisation is built.We offer the opportunity to join a highly successful, growing, market-leading organization with a strong mission and values, as well as a market competitive remuneration.
Required experience and skills
Highly motivated self-starter with an eagerness to develop the market with state-of-the-art products.
- Minimum tertiary education;
- 5-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area;
- Able to utilize extensive experience and network in dairy farming industry;
- Background/knowledge of dairy industry commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures;
- Geographically located in proximity to a major New Zealand dairy region;
- Able to develop effective relationships externally and internally at a variety of levels and work closely with commercial departments such as sales, MarCom and product management;
- Open minded to work effectively in an international/global culture;
- Home office and the ability to travel ~50% annually;
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, passport and able to work in NZ/AUS;
- Periodically visit the head office in the Netherlands.
About Nedap Livestock Management
The growing global population and rising prosperity mean a continued growth in demand for milk and meat. At the same time, food quality and safety standards are becoming ever more stringent. With our Smarttags, pig and cattle farmers can monitor the behaviour of their animals 24/7, ensuring that each animal is cared for on an individual basis. This improves both returns and animal welfare.
Interested? Send you CV and a covering letter to Paulette Kamperman by clicking on the application button and tell us why you would be a suitable candidate for this challenging position. An assessment will form part of the application procedure.
- 1. Your application
- 2. First interview
- 3. Next meet & greet
- 4. Offer
- 5. High five!
You’ve applied? Awesome! We aim to reply to your application within 10 workdays via e-mail.
We respect your privacy, therefore you can only apply via our website. Applications via e-mail will not be accepted.