- Livestock Management
Do you enjoy pushing the boundaries of how technology can improve the lives of our users? Are you entrepreneurial and want to be at the forefront of innovation? To join our Innovation team at Livestock Management, we are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer!
As an Embedded Software Engineer you’ll get the opportunity to unlock the potential of vision models by deploying it into the real world. Selecting and deploying software on robust and dedicated hardware that is up to the harsh environment of the livestock industry is key to successful implementation of our concepts.
- Design, develop, and deploy embedded software solutions for edge devices in computer vision applications;
- Collaborate with a team of computer vision and software engineers to understand system requirements and implement software interfaces for seamless integration;
- Optimize software performance and memory usage on resource-constrained edge devices;
- Develop and maintain software architectures and frameworks for efficient execution of computer vision algorithms on edge devices;
- Implement real-time processing, sensor integration, and communication protocols within the embedded software;
- Conduct thorough testing, debugging, and performance profiling of the embedded software to ensure reliability and stability.
The Innovation team within Nedap Livestock Management identifies market opportunities and builds new concepts based on upcoming technologies. We test our hypotheses as quickly as possible by building prototypes to validate technical and business assumptions. Our efforts create the foundation for the next generation of our portfolio.
Of course, we offer excellent primary and secondary conditions. For example, you are responsible for your own working hours and vacations. No one keeps track of this; we rely on your own responsibility in this regard. In addition, we offer you the means to fulfill your responsibilities. Financially, things are also well organized here. In addition to your salary and vacation pay, Nedap has a 13th month, a profit distribution and the possibility of shares. We also have a very attractive pension scheme. But above all, we invest in your development! Nedap has no pots for your development. In addition to our extensive induction program and personal development program, we are happy to look at your potential with you.
Want to know more about our offer? Click here.
Required experience and skills
You have no problem working independently. As part of the Innovation team, you are doing a lot of pioneering, so self-reliance is important. You are good at going from concept to prototype. So thinking it out, being creative and being able to put it into practice. This also means that you can switch well between speed and quality depending on the issue. In addition, you have good communication skills to be able to communicate within the team, but also to find other colleagues within the organization.
Furthermore, you recognize yourself in the following:
- You have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems Engineering, Software Engineering or a related field;
- Work experience as a Embedded Software Developer is a big plus, but we are open to juniors who already have some work experience with a side job in Embedded Engineering;
- Strong proficiency in embedded software development using programming languages like C/C++;
- Knowledge of sensor integration, communication protocols (e.g., UART, SPI, I2C), and driver development for edge devices;
- You are fluent in English and preferably also in Dutch.
You are 32-38 available and live in the Netherlands. A hybrid form of working is possible.
About Nedap Livestock Management
At Nedap Livestock Management we help professional dairy and pig producers around the globe run a profitable, sustainable and enjoyable business. The solutions we create enable them to automate everyday tasks and make informed decisions based on individual animal identification and data. This way we empower livestock producers to respond to the growing global demand for animal protein in a way that is both profitable and aligned with rising standards for animal welfare, sustainability, transparency and the safety and quality of food.
Curious about the position of Embedded Software Engineer? Please send your motivation and CV via the application button to Marten Adolfsen. You can also email me for more information email@example.com. As part of the application process we may ask for a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG).
- 1 . Your application
- 2 . First interview
- 3 . Next meet & greet
- 4 . Offer
- 5 . High five!
You’ve applied? Awesome! We will reply to your application as fast as possible, but at least within 10 workdays via e-mail.
We respect your privacy, therefore you can only apply via our website. Applications via e-mail will not be accepted.