Nedap Retail develops innovative solutions for retailers worldwide. With our solutions for inventory management and security, we guarantee retailers that they always have the right product available for their customers. To achieve this, Nedap Retail develops state-of-the-art RF, RFID hardware and Cloud-Based software services. Through this beautiful combination of hardware and software, we are able to provide store employees, managers and the head office of retailers with the right information easily.
We are now looking for a Product Engineer for our devices team. There is a range of products you will deal with; products that are 10+ years available on the market to the newest developments that are to be released soon. The latest product range is RFID in the UHF frequency (850 – 950MHz).
Product Engineering is a small group within our R&D team that has dynamic responsibilities:
- Remote tracking of the running production at an EMS’er on shifting parameters. When the offset grows gradually close to a ‘fail limit’, you try to find a solution to prevent eventually large amount of production disapprovals;
- When components in a product are announced End Of Life, a solution must be found to keep the product available for customers. That can be done by finding an alternative component, sometimes a redesign of the PCB is necessary;
- Working close together with the product development teams and support them with knowledge on design for production, specifying the production testers;
- Work together with the Test and Measurement group to ensure they can build the production testers;
- Work together with the Operation team to take in account te existing stock levels and order intake for optimal priorities;
- The team is designing and building a unique full automated high speed label tester machine.
You will be working in the Devices Team of our R&D department. This is a multidisciplinary team, in which sub-teams exist of firmware, hardware and product engineers. This team consists of people with different ages and areas of interest. There is always a close collaboration with hardware and firmware engineering such that we have a smoothly working Devices team that delivers state-of-the-art products. Assertiveness, resourcefulness and a positive critical attitude are appreciated.
The team members work close together and are able to review work of other team members. We strive for a wide overlap and balance in knowledge within the team. Nedap offers you a work environment where you can grow. You work together with experienced colleagues and like to get most out of the team.
Obviously, we offer excellent primary and secondary conditions. You are responsible for your own working hours and holidays. Nobody keeps track, as we rely on your own accountability. Moreover, we offer you the means to fulfil your own responsibilities. We also have a good financial arrangement. Nedap does not only offer you a salary and holiday allowance, but also an annual bonus, dividends, and the option of shares. Moreover, we have a very interesting pension arrangement. But most of all, we invest in your development! Nedap takes your development very seriously. We offer an extensive introduction program and a personal development journey, and we will gladly look at your potential with you.
Required experience and skills
We are looking for a colleague that likes to be challenged to know, understand and when needed modify high-tech products. You are dealing with RF design, analogue and digital design, mechanics and embedded software (firmware). For the right balance of the group, we are looking for a person who has a strong passion and background with Hardware and RF.
In addition, you have the follow skills and capacities:
- HBO bachelor level or higher;
- Analogue, RF and logic circuit understanding;
- Reading and modifying schematics and layouts;
- Know how to work with measurement equipment;
- Working with Soldering equipment;
- You are not afraid of taking the lead in certain areas;
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing).
About Nedap Retail
Store employees spend a lot of their time searching for products and managing stock. Our RFID technology for article security and in-store inventory management makes it very easy to monitor and control all processes in the store in real time. Employees no longer have to waste time searching for items, meaning they can devote greater attention to customers.
Interested? Send your CV and a covering letter to Marjolein Evers by clicking on the application button and tell us why you would be a suitable candidate for this challenging position.
An assessment can be part of the application. As a part of the application procedure we can ask for a Certificate of conduct.
- 1. Your application
- 2. First interview
- 3. Next meet & greet
- 4. Offer
- 5. High five!
You’ve applied? Awesome! We will reply to your application as fast as possible, but at least within 10 workdays via e-mail.
We respect your privacy, therefore you can only apply via our website. Applications via e-mail will not be accepted.