Nedap Healthcare is looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join a distributed team of engineers, with members in Europe and North America.
We operate a mix of physical servers and virtual machines in on-premise and public cloud environments. Our core offering includes a container platform and supporting infrastructure, as well as a set of standard services, e.g. databases, observability stacks, and storage platforms. The bulk of the day-to-day work is in automating and modernising legacy systems, and maintaining and improving the infrastructure underlying Nedap's many web services.
We are a team of 7 people distributed across North America and Western Europe. We've normalised prioritising a healthy work/life balance and practicing self-care, and both expect and encourage each other to do so.
What you can expect:
- An experienced distributed team
- Participate in an on-call rotation, with European and North American shifts
- Proactive communication and clear direction
- Daily video standup calls, and weekly video team meetings
- Optional quarterly in-person gatherings
- A flexible work environment
- Team members and an organisation who genuinely care about your well-being
We find it important to offer our talents the best working conditions. This means that, in addition to an excellent reward package, you get the freedom to spend your time in such a way that you get the most out of yourself and what you do. We don't keep track of holidays - you decide when you need a break!
We organize the financial part of your package just as well. In addition to your salary and holiday pay, Nedap offers a 13th month, a profit sharing scheme, the option of participating in stock shares and an attractive pension scheme.
But above all, we invest in your personal development! Nedap takes your development very seriously. We do not give you a development budget, but we make sure that you get everything you need to develop yourself in the direction you want. We offer an extensive introduction program and a personal development process in which we look at your potential to grow within Nedap.
Our main office is in Groenlo (Netherlands), but this role is open to anyone in or within +/- 1 hour of Central European Time, or a North American time zone (Atlantic Time to Pacific Time).
Required experience and skills
Prior experience we would like:
- Working in a distributed team
- Prior hands-on experience with the infrastructure supporting a high-volume web application, ideally with a containerised / micro-service architecture
Skills we would like:
- Container platform, e.g., Kubernetes, Nomad
- Automation platform, e.g., Github Actions, Jenkins
- Orchestration, e.g., Terraform, Ansible
- Observability, e.g., DataDog, Prometheus
- Cloud and on-premise
- Databases, e.g., MySQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- Proficiency in a programming language, ideally Ruby, Python, or Go
About Nedap Healthcare
We help care givers and nurses to save time on administrative tasks. With our technology, they are able to spend less time on registering, planning, reporting, and drawing up care plans, allowing them to devote more time to their patients. The family can also be informed immediately about the patient’s wellbeing at the touch of a button.
Life at Nedap
Interested? Send your motivational letter and CV via the application button. An assessment is part of the selection procedure. As part of the application procedure we may ask for a Certificate of Good Behaviour.
Questions!? Contact your recruiter!
|Michael von Harras|
+31 (0)6 81 03 48 80
- 1. Your application
- 2. First interview
- 3. Next meet & greet
- 4. Offer
- 5. High five!
You’ve applied? Awesome! We will reply to your application as fast as possible, but at least within 10 workdays via e-mail.
We respect your privacy, therefore you can only apply via our website. Applications via e-mail will not be accepted.