Nedap Healthcare is looking for a UI/UX Frontend Developer who will help create visually engaging, easy to navigate, and solid user interfaces for a healthcare platform called Caren. With more than 370,000 users, Caren is the largest online care platform in the Netherlands. Clients and caregivers regularly log in via the website to view their file, organise care for each other and communicate with care providers. The ultimate goal is to improve care together and make it more transparent. Due to the continuous growth we are experiencing and the changes in the world of digital healthcare, we are looking for an colleague who would like to contribute to Caren and the Caren team.
Together with the team, we make decisions about Caren's roadmap, how we approach further development and what it looks like. Caren uses a Ruby on Rails stack (5 and 6) with HTML, SASS and Hotwire. We try to use the latest techniques and best standards as much as possible, but as in every project, there is also legacy code and technical debt. To give you a better understanding, below are some responsibilities as UI/UX Frontend developer:
- Conduct research and deconstruct our users’ digital interactions and habits.
- Come up with UI and UX strategies based on our team goals.
- Create and maintain digital assets, such as interface design files, wireframes, and interactive mockups using design and prototyping tools: e.g., Figma, Sketch and InVision and/or the Adobe Suite.
- Understand the limitations of our tech stack and provide technical advice wherever necessary.
You will be part of a small team, consisting of a number of passionate developers and a
support team who work every day to deliver a great product and the best service.
The challenge is not only to support our users, who are mostly clients of care organisations and caregivers, but also care organisations and other involved parties who provide medical information for our users.
We value the mutual relations in the team and find good and clear communication, cooperation and sociability important.
Obviously, we offer excellent primary and secondary conditions. You are responsible for your own working hours and holidays. Nobody keeps track, as we rely on your own accountability. Moreover, we offer you the means to fulfil your own responsibilities. We also have a good financial arrangement. Nedap does not only offer you a salary and holiday allowance, but also an annual bonus, dividends, and the option of shares. Moreover, we have a very interesting pension arrangement. But most of all, we invest in your development! Nedap takes your development very seriously. We offer an extensive introduction program and a personal development journey, and we will gladly look at your potential with you
Required experience and skills
A good match with the team and your other colleagues is decisive. You are a people person and you are able to understand your colleagues, our users and other stakeholders. We are looking for someone who will actively think with us to achieve our goals and who is not afraid to innovate and find the best solution together. Someone who enjoys working with others and trying to get the most out of themselves and the team. What else are we looking for?
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in the area of multimedia development/design
- 3+ years’ work experience as a front-end developer and 2+ years’ work experience as a UI/UX designer.
- Expert knowledge of CSS, CSS extension languages (Less, Sass), and CSS preprocessor tools;
- Knowledge of CSS methodologies;
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and its best practices;
- Proficiency in designing interfaces and building clickable prototypes using Figma, Sketch, InVision, Axure, etc.;
- A history of deconstructing user behavior to create an improved experience for Users;
- Experience using Git version control;
- You are not scared of the command line.
About Nedap Healthcare
We help care givers and nurses to save time on administrative tasks. With our technology, they are able to spend less time on registering, planning, reporting, and drawing up care plans, allowing them to devote more time to their patients. The family can also be informed immediately about the patient’s wellbeing at the touch of a button.
Send your motivation and CV via the application button for the attention of Yorick Hoftijzer. An assessment will form part of the application procedure. As a part of the application procedure we can ask you for a Certificate of conduct.
- 1. Your application
- 2. First interview
- 3. Next meet & greet
- 4. Offer
- 5. High five!
You’ve applied? Awesome! We will reply to your application as fast as possible, but at least within 10 workdays via e-mail.
We respect your privacy, therefore you can only apply via our website. Applications via e-mail will not be accepted.